The Oregon City School Board approved the 2019 – 2021 academic calendars at the April 2019 board meeting. The plan for 2020-21 creates a window of time to complete safety and security updates throughout the school district. The calendar reflects the opportunity for 13 full weeks of bond construction work.
The calendar adjustment requires an early start to the 2020 school year. The first day of school will be August 24, 2020.
Staff will be report to work on Tuesday August 18, 2020 for in-service activities to prepare for the school year. The 2020 August/September academic calendar intentionally created four-day school weeks for the first three, which includes an extended four-day weekend around Labor Day on September 7, 2020.
The early start allows for the last day of school to be on June 4, 2021. Note that the first day of school for 2021 is on September 13, this allows for an extended amount of time to upgrade our facilities to create a safe learning environment for all. Again, Oregon City School District thanks you for your support and understanding.
2020-21 (BOND WORK SUMMER in 2021)
- August 24, 2020: First Day of School
- September 7, 2020: Labor Day
- October 9, 2020: State In-service Day, Non-Contract Day
- November 11, 2020: Veteran’s Day Holiday
- November 26-27, 2020: Thanksgiving Break
- December 21, 2020 - January 1, 2021: Winter Break *
- January 4, 2021: Teacher Work Day
- January 18, 2021: Martin Luther King Holiday
- February 15, 2021: President’s Day Holiday
- March 22-26, 2021: Spring Break
- May 31,2021: Memorial Day Holiday
- June 4, 2021: Last Day for Students (1/2 day for students)
- June 7,2021: Last Day for staff
* Start date for the fall of 2021 will be September 13 (13 full weeks of BOND work)
* Oregon City School Board Resolution 1819-427 Adopt 2019-20 & 2020-21 Calendar